Specialty Book Stores
The following stores specialize in various categories of books and reading accessories but due to legal, technical or other reasons we can't include them in our automated comparisons. Nonetheless, these stores provide a valuable service and so we offer them here.
- Lonely Planet Travel Guides - Lonely Planet began in the early 1970s after founders Tony and Maureen Wheeler completed an overland journey from London through Asia and on to Australia. Since then it has grown to be the world's leading travel guide publisher. Lonely Planet publishes over 600 titles in English and cover every corner of the planet. The guidebooks are also published in a number of languages, including French, Italian, Spanish, Korean and Japanese.
The Lonely Planet catalogue includes:
- Country Guides
- City Guides
- Activity and Theme Guides
- Phrase Books
- Travel Literature
- Diaries, Calendars, and gift products
- Family Christian Stores - Family Christian Stores is America's leading specialty retailer with over 300 locations in 38 states dedicated solely to the Christian retailing market. Their mission is to offer an extensive selection of high-quality, Christian-related products of exceptional value from both a retail and online experience.
- Ignatius Press - Ignatius.com sells religious books, magazines, software, religious art and more.
- Wiley - John Wiley & Sons, Inc., is an independent, global publisher of print and electronic media products, specializing in scientific and technical books and journals; professional and consumer books and subscription services; and textbooks and educational materials for colleges and universities. Founded in 1807, during the presidency of Thomas Jefferson, Wiley has been a vital source of information and understanding for generations of learners. For two centuries, Wiley has endeavored to teach, inform, and enlighten. Their history is intertwined with the advance of publishing, the evolution of modern science, a country's hunger for knowledge, and the growth of a global community.
- Questia.com - Questia is the world's largest online library of books, with over 67,000 full-text books, 1.5 million articles, and an entire reference set complete with a dictionary, encyclopedia, and thesaurus. Your subscription to the entire Questia academic library also includes digital productivity tools for highlighting text, taking notes, and generating footnotes and bibliographies in seven different styles. High school and college students love Questia for the full-text search of more than 30 million pages of copyrighted content, along with their tools which allow on-page highlighting, note taking, bookmarking, and best of all -- citation and bibliography generation, saving you an average of more than 4 hours of time on each research project. Students, educators, businesspeople, and professional writers/researchers around the world rely on the trusted books, journals, and articles found in the Questia online library to save significant time without sacrificing research quality or convenience.